An Update for Our Patients
May 19, 2020
After almost two months of “stay home” orders in Illinois with suspension of all nonemergent medical services, we are in the phase of gradual and cautious reopening of healthcare facilities in our state. Unfortunately, the cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in Illinois at an alarming rate with almost 100,000 confirmed cases including more than 4,000 deaths.
Consistent with the CDC guidelines and laws of our state, we have devised extensive protocols to enhance patient and staff safety during these unprecedented times. Most of our patients are elderly and have multiple comorbid conditions putting them at risk for severe COVID-19 disease including hospitalization, mechanical ventilation and death.
Our policies are designed to expedite your stay in our offices and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- In addition to our automated reminder system, you will receive a phone call one to two days before your appointment. You will be asked if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or have had contact with anyone with these symptoms or known COVID-19 patient. If so, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. If you develop any of these symptoms PRIOR to your appointment, please DO NOT come to our office. Instead, call and reschedule.
- As required by state law, all individuals over the age of two years old are required to wear a mask in public where adequate social distancing cannot be maintained. A mask should be tight-fitting, have multiple layers and should cover both your nose and mouth to be effective. Some masks have a valve that opens when you breathe out. Such masks are for industrial use only and not suitable for medical purposes. We will provide a face mask to those who do not have one. A mask must remain in place as long as you are inside the building. All members of our staff are required to wear a mask to protect you.
- No visitors, unless absolutely necessary for assistance or translation will be allowed.
- If you show up more than 15 minutes before your appointment, we ask that you stay in your car until it gets closer to your scheduled time.
- The floor has been marked six feet from the front desk. Only one person may enter that area.
- Insurance co-pays and responsible balances will only be accepted by credit card to minimize contact.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the front desk. Please apply it on your palms and rub it in until dry.
- Please be aware that we will minimize talking during the work up, testing, examination and treatment, and will expedite your appointment so that your stay in the office is as short as possible. As always, you will get detailed typed instructions when you leave.
- Maintain at least six feet in distance from one another in the waiting room. The virus can spread by talking, sneezing and coughing. Please avoid all unnecessary talking.
- Please do not touch anything in the office unless absolutely necessary. All objects in the office are sanitized several times a day.
- Your follow-up appointment will be made in the exam room so that you do not have to spend time at the checkout counter.
- During these difficult times, you will not receive any reminder letters from us if you miss your appointment. We expect that you will call us to reschedule if you need to miss your appointment for any reason.
Thank you for understanding. Stay healthy and safe!